We are seeing braids everywhere! And recently “big kid” pigtails are all the rage, so I’ve taken some inspiration from Pinterest to bring you this jumbo pull through braid pigtails tutorial! These pull through braids are amazing for long and short hair! Becuase it uses elastics to secure each section, you are able to get huge volume with less hair! I love these pull through braids!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Package of small elastics
- 1 Bobby pin (These ones are the best bobby pins ever! They don’t slip!)
Not working? Try these tips!
- Use texture spray (like this one!) before you start to keep your “braids” big and not slipping!
- Or use a light layer of hairspray to do the same as the texture spray. (It’s just a bit more sticky).
- Elastics keep snapping? Use thicker elastics that match your hair color instead! These ones are the best!
- Like the fall out peices around my face? I use this razor to cut a few peices to frame my face!
- Did you know I do all my own highlights at home? Here’s what I use and how I do it!
I find that this look is perfect for 2nd or 3rd-day curls so you don’t have to curl the pigtails afterward! You can also just pre-curl the ends of your hair just before you start your pull through braids.
Watch the Tutorial!
If you want to see more hair tutorials make sure to give that video a thumbs up and leave me a comment! Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter to get notified everytime I post new content!